Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Joy from within

Well friends, it has been a while since I have had the heart to be here writing. It's been hard to write about yoy and my quest for happiness when things have been so chaotic and painful in our lives.

But I realized this morning that joy does not from outside, it comes from within. To let someone else control what your heart feels is stifling to the joy that resides there. And that is what I have been doing. I have been allowing outside influences to affect the joy that I hold in my heart.

One of my favorite authors, Sarah Ban Breathnach states in her book, Simple Abundance, "Inadvertantly, we become the authors of our own misfortune. And so we struggle from day to day, from crisis to crisis, bruised and battered by circumstances without realizing that we always have a choice."

From here on out, I will remember that I have a choice. I can let the drama and the chaos around me, effect my joyous spirit or I can choose to let it wash over me and away from me like a salty, white-capped wave, taking with it the hurt, the dispair, the pain and the sorrow.

I can rise from the chaos and the drama, knowing that I have chosen to continue on my journey to a joyous life untouched and unscathed by negativity, dis-harmony and ignorance.

I will choose to trust myself, accentuate the positive, dream the impossible dream and become the person that I truly want to be. I will write my story in the prose of passion, with the the flavor of fullfillment and the scent of sweet success. I will be the author for only I know the secret life lusts of my soul.

I will look inward and find my hearts delight. This is the Holy Grail at the end of the Joyful Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment